Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Pancakes

Tonight I made some pancakes.
First, I followed the normal Bisquick recipe:
2 Cups mix
1 cup milk
2 eggs

I made a few of the pancakes normally (read: for the picky kids).
Then I experimented.
I warmed up half of an apple, skinned and chopped into cubes with a bit of brown sugar to taste in the microwave for 30 seconds.
I had prepared a cup of Tazo Chai in advance, because I was thinking on the way home how I was going to doctor the pancakes. I left it steeping in the bag for 5 - 10 minutes to get it good and strong.
I added half a cup of the strong Chai and the warmed apples to the pancake mixture, and cooked in a well oiled griddle to get the edges nice and crispy.

I topped with butter and syrup, and melted away in a sea of Apple-Chai pancake bliss.


Digg!

1 comment:

mel said...

they were really good. Too bad I could only have a taste. Stupid food allergies.