Saturday, January 06, 2007

Ikea

I know, the Mrs already blogged about it, but I have to give my take. I was totally impressed with the whole shopping experience. I can't believe I am going to say this, but when I walked in, I actually WANTED to buy furniture!
They had happy music playing.
We could check our kids into the playland so we could shop unhindered.
They had little pencils, paper, and tear-off rulers everywhere so that you could write down what you wanted.
They had pre-done demo rooms that you could walk through, and see how an all Ikea room would look.
And my favorite part...food. I didn't get the name "Chow Boy" in the Army for nothing. I really like my food.
They had a little cafe where you could get some Swedish meatballs with gravy and Lingonberry sauce. They had a store where you can take home a taste of Sweden.
It was their attention to detail not only in the shopping experience that impressed me so much, but it was also the attention to detail in putting the furniture together.
Everything fit. Perfectly.
No wiggling or jiggling. It just fit together like it was supposed to.
So, we are definitely going back.
The only thing I found mildly unsettling was keeping the Swedish names for everything.
So I found myself talking about Billy and Tromsö and Malm.
Whew! I think that should catch me up on blogging!
P.S.
I know two Swedish tongue twisters. I met a girl from Sweden, and she taught me two of them. I have this habit of forcing foreigners to teach me a tongue twister in their language. Perhaps that will be the subject of a future blog post...

No comments: